TThe Ventilator Project, a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston, is on a mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 and other patients of respiratory illnesses worldwide. Tyler Mantel, founder of Watertower Robotics, sought out to address the biggest problems with ventilators during the Covid-19 pandemic: the cost of ventilators, which can be upwards of $40,000 apiece, and the lack of parts to build them given the bottlenecks in the supply chain for medical grade parts. The Ventilator Project’s mission is thus to rapidly prototype, build and ship ventilators built from readily available parts at a fraction of the price ($5,000).
- Communicate with the R&D team to optimize sensor layout design.
- Develop and maintain mechanical design documentations, including CAD modeling, drawings, bill of materials, analysis report, etc.
- Fabricate and assembly prototype parts and components
- Architect, design, integrate and deploy mechatronics systems for testing, including actuator and sensor selection and integration, Circuit design and embedded system programming.
- Tackle complex and open-ended problems across multiple engineering disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Initiative, intellectual flexibility and ability to learn on the fly
- Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and communicating design intent through technical drawings and documentation
- Proficiency with mechanical design and CAD modeling (Fusion 360 / SolidWorks)
- Hands-on fabrication or machine-shop experience with tools such as 3D printers, soldering station, CNC mill, etc.
- Experience with Arduino and Raspberry Pi application development
- Experience designing, building, and troubleshooting functional prototypes of mechatronic systems from selecting drivers to onboard compute platforms
- Experience with software development skills in Python, Matlab or C++ is a bonus
- Experience with PCB design and assembly is a bonus
The team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets, but each of us share a common calling: we couldn’t continue to sit and wait. We knew it was time to step up and find a solution.
LOCATION: Boston, on-site
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
Please Apply Here : https://k7y.pl/s/mmOTL