The Ventilator Project, a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston, is on a mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 and other patients of respiratory illnesses worldwide. Two robotics entrepreneurs, Tyler Mantel, Founder of Watertower Robotics, and Alex Frost, founder of Florabot, teamed up to directly address the biggest problems with ventilators during the Covid-19 pandemic: the cost of ventilators, which can be upwards of $40,000 apiece, and the lack of parts to build them given the bottlenecks in the supply chain for medical-grade parts. The Ventilator Project’s mission is thus to rapidly prototype, build and ship ventilators built from readily available parts at a fraction of the price ($5,000).
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Research Assistant Intern is a new role recently created to support TVP’s Sales Department and work directly with its Data Analytics team. Utilizing internal and external resources, you will collect, organize and identify new data, data sources and metrics for tracking COVID-19. In the face of a global pandemic characterized by uncertainty and a massive data deficiency, the daily information and metrics around COVID-19 are mission-critical for the manufacturing, distribution and improvement of our ventilator model. More importantly, the research and analysis you will perform will directly contribute to addressing the global ventilator shortage, as we seek insights and solutions for this crisis that is statistically uncharted territory.
- Monitor and track daily metrics (new cases, deaths, hospitalizations, and other hospital/clinical related data) using live, dynamic data sources like Domo.
- Flexibility for “guided” research initiatives as well as “ad hoc” projects.
- Leverage intuition with skeptical and critical thinking to uncover new trends, insights and ways to conduct research.
- Submit weekly write-ups/reports on your findings for the week along with both the qualitative and quantitative data and information you pulled.
MINIMUM DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (with a 3.0+ GPA)
- Coursework in relevant fields/disciplines (Medical Device, Healthcare, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with handling data (manipulating, collecting, analyzing)
- Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in conduct of field research or interaction with community-based organizations
- Familiarity with current market trends and dynamics in the industries mentioned above
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/qHD9n