The Ventilator Project is a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID19, fight with us.
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
The Ventilator Project is in immediate need of a Full Stack WordPress Developer to help enhance our website. You should have experience building custom solutions using WordPress and understanding and writing front end code. If you are a generalist when it comes to writing code and comfortable on any end of a tech stack, then you might be the perfect fit.
– Working as part of a the marketing team on software development (writing code, implementing tools and integrating systems) to update, add features or fix problems with our existing page
– Testing and deployment of code to determine the source of problems and the quality of fixes
– Contributing to the business discussions/requirements for enhancing or fixing problems with the website
– Contributing to the architectural and structural discussions for adding features to websites within our existing environment
– Preferred graduates or senior undergraduates in computer science, computer engineering and management information system majors with knowledge and skill of develop website;
– Experience with Divi WordPress Theme & Visual Page Builder, customizing websites through child themes and building custom plugins
– Experience with Give donation forms, Stripe payment platform, and Google Analytics tracking
– Excellent creative problem-solving skills and great patience in dealing with technical problems
– Ability to work with fast-paced start-up environment
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/B3cBS