The Ventilator Project is a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID19, fight with us.
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
The Ventilator Project is in search of an on-site Volunteer Firmware Engineer Intern to join our firmware team and help develop control software for our ventilator. The responsibilities of this role include:
* Developing drivers and control logic for various system control components and sensors in bare-metal C
* Contributing to architectural design documentation
* Unit-testing software components
* Conducting Failure Modes and Effects Analysis on software components
* Upholding software quality standards
* Working in a fast-paced team environment
* Background in Medical devices design
* Experience prototyping embedded devices, such as Arduino/raspberry pi/etc.
* Previous work experience in start-up companies/environments
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/xrEcW