The Ventilator Project is a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID19, fight with us.
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
We are looking for an on-site Electrical Engineer intern to assist in designing the control system of a ventilator while brainstorming innovative ways to get around using traditional medical parts. This role would include, but is not limited to:
* Designing and assembling electrical hardware for ventilator
* Researching and selecting electrical components that meet design criteria and FDA requirements
* Simulation of control system processes using programs such as Simulink
* Maintaining thorough and accurate documentation of system’s electrical hardware
* Electronics CAD and PCB design
* Rapid prototyping in conjunction with firmware and mechanical engineering teams
* Background in Medical devices design
* Previous experience working in start-up companies/environments
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/jEncf