The Ventilator Project is a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston. Our mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 patients experiencing respiratory illnesses worldwide. Current ventilators can cost upwards of $40,000. Our goal is to rapidly prototype, build & ship ventilators built from readily available parts for a fraction of this price, providing hospitals & patients with a cheaper alternative. Everyone deserves a chance to fight COVID19, fight with us.
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week.
The Research Assistant Intern is a new role recently created to support TVP’s Sales Department and work directly with its Data Analytics team. Utilizing internal and external resources, you will collect, organize and identify new data, data sources and metrics for tracking COVID-19. In the face of a global pandemic characterized by uncertainty and a massive data deficiency, the daily information and metrics around COVID-19 are mission-critical for the manufacturing, distribution and improvement of our ventilator model. More importantly, the research and analysis you will perform will directly contribute to addressing the global ventilator shortage, as we seek insights and solutions for this crisis that is statistically uncharted territory.
- Monitor and track daily metrics (new cases, deaths, hospitalizations, and other hospital/clinical related data) using live, dynamic data sources like Domo.
- Flexibility for “guided” research initiatives as well as “ad hoc” projects.
- Leverage intuition with skeptical and critical thinking to uncover new trends, insights and ways to conduct research.
- Submit weekly write-ups/reports on your findings for the week along with both the qualitative and quantitative data and information you pulled.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (with a 3.0+ GPA)
- Coursework in relevant fields/disciplines (Medical Device, Healthcare, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with handling data (manipulating, collecting, analyzing)
- Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in conduct of field research or interaction with community-based organizations
- Familiarity with current market trends and dynamics in the industries mentioned above
Please apply here:https://k7y.pl/s/7rhuQ