The Ventilator Project, a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston, is on a mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 and other patients of respiratory illnesses worldwide. Two robotics entrepreneurs, Tyler Mantel, Founder of Watertower Robotics, and Alex Frost, founder of Florabot, teamed up to directly address the biggest problems with ventilators during the Covid-19 pandemic: the cost of ventilators, which can be upwards of $40,000 apiece, and the lack of parts to build them given the bottlenecks in the supply chain for medical grade parts. The Ventilator Project’s mission is thus to rapidly prototype, build and ship ventilators built from readily available parts at a fraction of the price ($5,000).
The Ventilator Project is in immediate need of a Full Stack WordPress Developer to help enhance our website. You should have experience building custom solutions using WordPress and understanding and writing frontend code. If you are a generalist when it comes to writing code and comfortable on any end of a tech stack, then you might be the perfect fit.
- Working as part of a the marketing team on software development (writing code, implementing tools and integrating systems) to update, add features or fix problems with our existing page
- Testing and deployment of code to determine the source of problems and the quality of fixes
- Contributing to the business discussions/requirements for enhancing or fixing problems with the website
- Contributing to the architectural and structural discussions for adding features to websites within our existing environment
- Experience with Divi WordPress Theme & Visual Page Builder, customizing websites through child themes and building custom plugins
- Experience with Give donation forms, Stripe payment platform, and Google Analytics tracking
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and great patience in dealing with technical problems
- Ability to work with fast-paced start-up environment
The team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets, but each of us share a common calling: we couldn’t continue to sit and wait. We knew it was time to step up and find a solution.
LOCATION: Boston, on-site
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week. We also have had several hostels/hotels provide free living for our volunteers as well as an on-site chef to provide free meals.
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/zNBWo