The Ventilator Project, a new non-profit startup located at MassRobotics in the Seaport district of Boston, is on a mission to construct a low-cost, universally accessible ventilator that can save the lives of Covid-19 and other patients of respiratory illnesses worldwide. Two robotics entrepreneurs, Tyler Mantel, Founder of Watertower Robotics, and Alex Frost, founder of Florabot, teamed up to directly address the biggest problems with ventilators during the Covid-19 pandemic: the cost of ventilators, which can be upwards of $40,000 apiece, and the lack of parts to build them given the bottlenecks in the supply chain for medical grade parts. The Ventilator Project’s mission is thus to rapidly prototype, build and ship ventilators built from readily available parts at a fraction of the price ($5,000).
The Ventilator Project is looking for a project manager who will be responsible for oversight and management of operations and policy execution in one of TVP’s nine departments (Engineering, Executive, Finance & Fundraising, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Marketing, Product Management, Quality & Regulatory Affairs, Sales). The individual will act as an internal communications liaison between their assigned department and all other departments of The Ventilator Project, and is responsible for knowing the progress of all ongoing and future Department projects. This individual will also be responsible for executing and monitoring the initiatives and vision of their department’s Vice President and ensuring that all department volunteers are informed and on-track to complete each project. Experience in the field of a specific department is encouraged, but not required.
- Experienced with project management in interpersonal industries and multi-departmental companies
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership experience in managing projects with various team members, stakeholders, and timelines.
- Ability to demonstrate robust organizational skills, time-management, scheduling, and complex details
- Managed logistics and business transactions with business entities
- This position is on-site only.
- Simple web design experience, or willingness to learn. Mostly for organizational purposes. If not via website, applicant should have an efficient way to track and organize data.
- Experience with organizational analytical methods.
- Experience conducting recruitment interviews or informational interviews and candidate selection.
The team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets, but each of us share a common calling: we couldn’t continue to sit and wait. We knew it was time to step up and find a solution.
LOCATION: Boston, on-site
DISCLOSURE: Current on-site volunteers are working in an isolated office setting while practicing safe social distancing practices. We have gloves and masks readily available, and the office space is professionally cleaned several times throughout the week. Food and snacks are provided on-site through weekly errands.
Please apply here: https://k7y.pl/s/vTbZ4