The Ventilator Project is in search of an on-site Volunteer Firmware Engineer to join our firmware team and help develop control software for our ventilator. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing drivers and control logic for various system control components and sensors in bare-metal C
- Contributing to architectural design documentation
- Unit-testing software components
- Conducting Failure Modes and Effects Analysis on software components
- Upholding software quality standards
- Working in a fast-paced team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Initiative, intellectual flexibility and ability to learn on the fly
- 2+ year’s experience (academic, professional or otherwise) in low-level embedded C.
- Working experience in an agile development environment and with source-control platforms (Git).
- Experience with Arm cortex microprocessors
- 30+ hours/week commitment
- Background in Medical devices design
- Experience prototyping embedded devices, such as Arduino/raspberry pi/etc.
- Previous work experience in start-up companies/environments
Please apply here:https://k7y.pl/s/GEGUt